18 Fulton YMCA Speed Demon Swim Team swimmers qualified for and attended the Meet:
Logan Ames, Nate Archer, Justin Atwater, Maddison Blake, Koji Burdic, Teddy Clayton Jr., Rose LaDue, Tyler LaDue, Joely LaPage, Reagan LaPage, Chris Mandart, Aunna Metelsky, Claire Murray, Courtney Pierce, Lane Rawls, Bryce Rogers, Ean Stevenson, Mark Tallents
- 27 top 16 finishes in individual events
- 18 of those were top 8
- Logan Ames finished 1st in all 3 individual events—crushing the field!
- 4 top 8 relay finishes
- 11 team records were broken
- 5 times were less than 1 second from a team record
Team records broken:
- D boys (9-10 yoa)--Logan Ames, 50 free – 27.77, 100 free – 1:01.84, 200 free – 2:17.34
- D girls (9-10 yoa)—Claire Murray, 200 free – 2:28:68
- B boys (13-14yoa)--Teddy Clayton Jr, 100 backstroke – 1:01.38
- B girls (13-14yoa)--Aunna Metelsky, 50 free – 25.90
- B girls (13-14)--Reagan LaPage, Courtney Pierce, Aunna Metelsky, Rosie LaDue
- 200 Medley Relay – 2:05.63 and 200 Free Relay – 1:51.19
- A boys (15-18yoa)--Mark Tallents, 100 breaststroke – 1:01.02
- Open 200 Backstroke--Nate Archer, 2:10.67
- Open boys Medley Relay--Nate Archer, Mark Tallents, Teddy Clayton Jr., Ean Stevenson--1:43.74
- Chris Mandart --.02 secs away from C boy 50 backstroke team record
- Aunna Metelsky --.01 secs away from B girl 100 freestyle team record
- Bryce Rogers --.33 secs away from B boy 500 freestyle team record
- Mark Tallents was .03 seconds away from the YMCA National cut time in 100 breaststroke!
The Speed Demons Team finished 16th overall out of 36 teams, 22 of which were able to bring more swimmers than Fulton. Our best age group finish was the B-boys, 13-14yoa at 8th. More than 1100 swimmers competed in this meet.
“Our small team was well represented at this highly competitive meet. They are proof that it’s not about quantity but quality! Speed Demon dedication and hard work certainly paid off and it took me 3 days to come down off the high of their performances. There were some heartaches but lessons were learned by the swimmers and coaches and we will take those into account when we train for next years’ season and NY state championships. Our group of Speed Demon families is unrivaled!! The camaraderie and support all the swimmers get from all the families is something of amazement. It makes my heart so full.There truly are no words to express my pride for this team. This is just the beginning….there are always records to be broken and times to beat.” ----Cassandra Jones, Head Coach Fulton YMCA Speed Demons
The Fulton YMCA Speed Demons swim team is a competitive swim program for kids in grades K-12 utilizing the Granby Elementary School pool. The season runs from late September thru early February, extending into March for NYS Meet qualifiers.
For more information contact the Fulton Family YMCA @ 315-598-9622.