Located behind the Oswego Speedway’s Gary Witter Memorial rear grandstand, Oswego Kartway is in action every Friday night throughout the summer. Race director Jim Losurdo and staff are set for a fourteen race schedule in 2019 including three marquee ‘triple crown’ events.
Competitors will contest in a total of thirteen points shows beginning with this Friday’s lid lifter and ending with the coveted Justin Lamb Memorial Track Championship on August 16.
The Kartway will have a total of four points races in May, first on May 10 and continuing on May 17, May 24, and May 31. The May 17 and May 24 events will run in conjunction with Opening Weekend test sessions at the Oswego Speedway.
After a busy month of May, the season continues on June 7 and June 14 with point events five and six before the 2nd annual Jamie Shutts Memorial takes the green flag on June 21.
The Kartway will be off on June 28 in observation of graduation weekend, but will return to action in a big way in form of the first of three triple crown events; the Weaver’s Custom Coatings ‘King of the Kartway’ on July 5.
One week later, Marsden Supply Co. and Tyler Tech will present points race nine while the all new Dan Cliff Memorial serves as the tenth points show on July 19. Following a key three weeks in the title fight, the Kartway will be off for Oswego Harborfest on July 26.
Similar to July, the month of August will also begin with one of the Kartway’s signature ‘triple crown’ shows, this time the highly sought after ‘Battle of the Bullring’ presented by NAPA on August 2.
Following Battle of the Bullring, Kart racers have just one point event left on August 9 before the regular season draws to a close with the Justin Lamb Memorial Track Championship on August 16. The open slot on August 23 will be used as a rain date for that program.
Finally, the 13th annual ‘Dirt Track Classic’ will commence on Thursday, August 29, serving as an always integral part of Oswego Speedway’s Budweiser International Classic Weekend festivities.
The Kartway will showcase a total of sixteen classes weekly this season with competitor age ranging from just five years old to forty plus. A full list of classes is available under the ‘Kartway’ tab at OswegoSpeedway.com
For all Kartway events, spectators are invited to watch the action for ONLY $5 a carload. Pit passes are $10, while entry fees for competitors are set at $20 for members or $23 for non-members.
The weekly schedule for all regular points shows in 2019 will see gates opening at 4:30pm, the drivers meeting held at 6:30pm, hot laps at 6:45pm and heat racing at 7:30pm.
For more information on Oswego Kartway, be sure to locate the Kartway tab at OswegoSpeedway.com. You can also FOLLOW on Twitter @OswegoKartway or LIKE on Facebook at Facebook.com/OswegoKartway.
2019 Oswego Kartway Schedule of Events:
- Friday, May 10 - Points Race #1
- Friday, May 17 - Points Race #2
- Friday, May 24 - Points Race #3
- Friday, May 31 - Points Race #4
- Friday, June 7 - Points Race #5
- Friday, June 14 - Points Race #6
- Friday, June 21 - Points Race #7 - Jamie Shutts Memorial
- Friday, July 5 - Points Race #8 - Weaver’s Custom Coatings ‘King of the Kartway’
- Friday, July 12 - Points Race #9 - Marsden Supply Co. / Tyler Tech
- Friday, July 19 - Points Race #10 - Dan Cliff Memorial
- Friday, August 2 - Points Race #11 - NAPA ‘Battle of the Bullring’
- Friday, August 9 - Points Race #12
- Friday, August 16 - Points Race #13 - Justin Lamb Memorial Track Championship
- Friday, August 23 - Championship Night Rain Date
- Friday, August 29 - 13th Annual Dirt Track Classic