For this weekend’s Twin 35’s, any ISMA car in attendance will receive $750 in total start money as long as that car starts both of the two main events which are set to pay $1,200 each to the winner.
Several ISMA drivers took advantage of Oswego’s first reciprocal program on May 25 including Dan Bowes, Chris Perley, Dave McKnight, Tim Jedrzejek, and Jon McKennedy.
Bowes is again expected at Oswego for his second double feature show in two weeks, while Ben Seitz also plans to join the field in the Soule Racing No. 32.
Due to the cancellation of the Midwest Supermodified Series event scheduled for Hillside / Holland Speedway on June 22, Oswego’s show on the same date has since been added to the reciprocal agreement.
Now, any ISMA franchise team that participates in the Helena Chemical Company ‘Road to the Championship’ 50 for Novelis Supermodifieds will receive a minimum of $750 in start money on that date as well.
The first reciprocal event on ISMA’s schedule is set for Saturday, June 29 at the Monadnock Speedway in New Hampshire. Any Oswego team that participates in this show will be extended ISMA franchise start money of $1,000.
To purchase tickets for Oswego’s jam packed June 8 program featuring the Twin 35-lap Novelis Supermodified features plus full cards for the Pathfinder Bank SBS and Sunoco New York Super Stock Series, please call the box office at (315)-342-0646.
For more information on Oswego Speedway, you can visit online at OswegoSpeedway.com. Fans can also FOLLOW on Twitter @OswegoSpeedway or LIKE on Facebook at Facebook.com/OswegoSpeedway.
About Oswego Speedway: Oswego Speedway is a 5/8 mile semi-banked pavement racing oval located off the shores of Lake Ontario in scenic Oswego, NY. The speedway has been a continuously run weekly racing venue since August 1951. The premier open-wheel pavement short track cars in the world, Supermodifieds, run weekly at the Oswego Speedway making it the only weekly Supermodified racing venue in the world. The Small Block Supermodifieds and 350 Supermodifieds accompany the full blown Supers on a weekly Saturday night schedule which runs from May through September. Oswego Speedway is mentioned in racing circles as the “Indy of the East,” as no fewer than a dozen past and present competitors have competed at the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway including Mario Andretti, two-time Indy 500 champion Gordon Johncock, and former International Classic Champions Bentley Warren, Joe Gosek, and Davey Hamilton.
Oswego Reciprocal Dates:
- Saturday, June 8 - Novelis Supermodified Twin 35’s ($1,200 to win each)
- Saturday, June 22 - Helena Chemical Company 50 ($2,000 to win)
- Saturday, July 6 - Independence Weekend Grand Prix 75 ($2,500 to win)
- Saturday, July 20 - 33rd Annual Mr. Novelis Supermodified 75 ($10,000 to win)
- Saturday, August 3 - Retro Night 45 ($2,000 to win)
ISMA Reciprocal Dates:
- Saturday, June 29 - Monadnock Speedway (75-laps, $3,200 to win)
- Friday, July 26 - Sandusky Speedway - Fast 40 ($2,400 to win)
- Saturday, July 27 - Sandusky Speedway - Hy-Miler Nationals ($6,000 to win)
- Saturday, September 7 - Star Speedway - Bob Webber Memorial Star Classic (150-laps, $5,000 to win)
- Sunday, October 13 - Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park - World Series (50-laps $3,500 to win)