Introductory courses will continue to be held on using the 3D printer, and patrons will be shown how they can create different pre-made 3D models that are available online for download. This month’s workshop will be available on Saturday, July 20th, from 2 to 4pm. Erin Lohnas will also be giving another 3D printing presentation upstairs in the Children’s Room on July 25th at 1pm. She will be printing space-themed figurines and other objects for the kids that attend.
The Introduction to Computers classes and Internet Basics classes will be held again this month due to increased patron demand for these workshops, as attendance for them this month has been very high. The Microsoft Office classes and Ancestry.com workshops will also be offered again as well as there have been numerous requests for them during the last few months. The Microsoft Office classes will be offered as a larger workshop this month instead of having each individual software have its own class.
Here is the breakdown of all of the classes that will be offered in July of 2019:
- Mondays, July 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th – Introduction to Computers, #3 - #2 (Cycles through 5 Parts), 10am-12pm
- Mondays, July 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th – Internet Basics, #1-#5 (Cycles through 5 Parts), 2-4pm
- Tuesdays in July – 2nd (Microsoft Word), 9th (Microsoft Excel), 16th (Microsoft PowerPoint), 23rd (Microsoft Publisher) and 30th (Navigating eBay), all 2 to 4pm.
- Wednesdays in July – 3rd (Navigating ancestry.com), 10th (Navigating Facebook), 17th (Navigating ancestry.com) and 24th (Using Apple iPads and iPhones).
- Thursdays in July – 11th (Using G-Mail) and 18th (Google Docs and Drive).
- Saturday, July 20th from 2 to 4pm and Thursday, July 25th at 1pm – 3D Printing Workshops (This gives patrons a breakdown of the software I use to interface with the printer (Cura), how it creates different 3D rendered models, and also different applications that 3D printing has in current times).
Tech Help Open Lab will be held on the following dates during the month of July (all from 10am till 12pm):
- Tuesdays, July 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th.
- Thursdays, July 11th, 18th and 25th.
- Fridays, July 5th and 19th.
The Library Learning Center is located on the lower level of the Oswego Public Library, and is open Monday-Friday. All programs are free and open to the public. Please call the library at 341-5867 to register for workshops or if you have further questions. Sign-Up sheets are also available at the main desk for you to sign up for courses.